Who Pays For Vehicle Damage After A Car Accident?

If you are involved in a car accident that was caused by another driver, you are entitled to recover money for the damages. Michigan has a mini tort law in which a victim of a car accident can recover up to $1000 for damage caused to his/her car. This amount is recovered from the automobile insurance company of the driver who caused the accident. You, or your attorney, must contact and make a claim with the at fault driver’s insurance company and request the money. This amount is to cover your deductible, and then your own insurance company should cover for the remaining damage.

If you are involved in an accident caused by another driver, you should not have to pay any money out of your own pocket. Be sure to contact the proper insurance company to receive your money.

Related Posts: Insurance, Part I, Why You Should Report All Drivers On Your Car Insurance, One Step Closer to Justice for Grieving Family, Why Uninsured And Underinsured Coverage Is Important

Contact Information