Injured in a bicycle accident?

Bicyclist in Michigan are considered vehicles that have the same responsibilities and rights as other motorized vehicles on the road.

If you are a victim of a bicycle accident and were injured as a result of an accident with a car or motor vehicle such as a motorcycle, truck or bus, then you are entitled to certain rights. You are entitled to no-fault benefits such as reimbursement for medical bills, medical mileage, lost wages and for help with household chores. These benefits are paid by your auto insurance company. However, if you do not have auto insurance then you can file with the insurance company of a relative that resides with you or you can collect benefits from Michigan’s Assigned Claims Facility.

You may also file a lawsuit for the pain and suffering you suffered. The at-fault driver’s insurance company will compensate you for the injuries you suffered.

If you are a victim of a bicycle accident, contact SMDA to learn your rights and get the benefits you are entitled to.

Related Posts: FOLLOWING UP WITH YOUR DOCTOR AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT, Why You Should Report All Drivers On Your Car Insurance, SUPREME COURT ALLOWS HIGH SCHOOL RUNNER TO CHASE THEIR CLAIM, One Step Closer to Justice for Grieving Family

Contact Information