Menu Contact
Serafini, Michalowski, Derkacz & Associates, P.C.
free initial consultation
(866) 316-2867

What should you do after a car accident?

When involved in a car accident, you might not be in pain right away. Some people feel the pain and soreness the day after, and if that is the case, you should see your primary care physician and follow their advice.

Also, you will need to contact your auto insurance company and fill out an application for benefits. This will let the insurance company know of the accident and it is a way for your to collect the benefits that you are entitled to. You are entitled to certain benefits (called PIP benefits) from the insurance company, regardless if you are at fault or not. PIP benefits include things such as lifetime medical expenses, wage loss for up to three years, attendant care benefits, and household replacement services.

In addition to these benefits, a third party law suit can also be filed against the at fault driver of the accident. This suit is if you are seeking damages for pain and suffering. The standard that one must prove is to show that there was a serious impairment of a body function as a result of the accident.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy