How Do I Know If I Have A Trip-And-Fall Case? 

If you slipped on water or tripped in a parking lot pothole of an apartment complex and hurt yourself, you may have a premises liability case against the owner. When you are injured on someone else's property, the property owner or manager may be found legally responsible to pay for your medical costs.

Generally, the success of your case depends on whether you are able to prove that the cause of your accident was an unforeseen and unavoidable dangerous condition caused by the property owner or manager and the owner knew about the dangerous condition but did nothing to correct it.

Call a lawyer quickly because there are time limits in Michigan to file a personal injury claim. At Serafini, Michalowski, Derkacz & Associates, P.C., our attorneys examine the facts in your case to determine how best to assist you. Call our office toll free at 866-316-2867 for a free phone consultation. You may also complete our online form.

What Should I Do If I Trip And Fall?

  • Contact the owner or manager of the property. Explain your injuries if you are able to, and give them your contact information.
  • Seek medical attention immediately. You will need to demonstrate actual injury and by seeking medical help as soon as you can after an accident you will have important medical records necessary to demonstrate injury.
  • Keep a record of delayed symptoms. Some injuries only arise and become apparent after time has passed. If this is the case, see your doctor right away to document your injuries.
  • Do not discuss settlement offers at the time of the accident. Call an attorney first.

Our attorneys can help you if you have been injured in a slip-and-fall accident on private, commercial or government-owned property.

We are located in Sterling Heights and we serve clients throughout Michigan. Call us toll free at 866-316-2867 or contact us online.