Menu Contact
Serafini, Michalowski, Derkacz & Associates, P.C.
free initial consultation
(866) 316-2867

When can you receive child support for a child over 18?

Pursuant to MCL 552.605b, a court that orders child support may order support for a child, after the child reaches 18 years of age.

In order for the court to award support for a child over 18, the child must be regularly attending high school on a full-time basis, with a reasonable expectation of completing sufficient credits to graduate from high school while residing on a full-time basis with the recipient of support or at an institution, but in no case after the child reaches 19 years and 6 months of age.

If you believe you are entitled to support, for a child over the age of 18, please call the attorneys of Serafini, Michalowski, Derkacz & Associates, P.C. at (586) 264-3756.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy