Menu Contact
Serafini, Michalowski, Derkacz & Associates, P.C.
free initial consultation
(866) 316-2867

What happens when a Pedestrian is struck by an Uninsured Motorist?

It is important to know that if you are a pedestrian and have been hit by an uninsured driver, even if you are not insured, you still can make a claim for no-fault PIP benefits.

The first thing you must do, is look to a relative that is residing in your household and who has a no-fault insurance policy. That insurance policy would be responsible for paying your PIP Benefits. If that is the case, you must contact that insurance company and fill out an application for PIP Benefits.

If you do not live with anyone who has such a policy you can apply to the Michigan Assigned Claims Facility who will assign an insurer to your claim. This is typically the last resort when there is a priority dispute among insurers.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy